Definitely not a good day. During the evening my granddaughter was bit on the face by a dog. She was with her mom and her little brother at Mom's Friend house when it happened. Turtle (my granddaughter's nickname) was rushed by ambulance to the hospital where they had to put in eight stitches on her lip. She'll have a scar, poor thing. While it could have been worse, it still sucks.

I was reading the first post by Lucy-S and I can definitely see where she's coming from. I'm much older than she is (and one of the last of the Boomer generation), and I have experienced a mix of Boomer and GenX issues, particularly since I also used to teach as an adjunct in several colleges. The educational scene was the first one where I noticed that no matter how one improved themselves or how much work they put into the job, it was like being in quicksand where the rewards were always just out of reach. I was also in the technical field (hardware and networking), but I always had a better-paying position most likely because I was an older dude. An Italian older dude, which is now considered caucasian. I know I had things easier, so I always tried to pull along and supported folks who worked hard and had a good tech mindset. This almost bit me in the ass when I was teaching electronics repair in Thailand and told the company to have a woman be the supervisor for the group. I had to fight with them to get her that position but she not only had a Master's but she aced the entire series of courses. The position came with a hefty pay bump, which I also had to fight with the corporate drones to make sure she got it. Grrr...