It's election day here in the USA and I'm going to vote. That slightly curtails my noding time which means it's time to write a day log. I've read and voted on just over 60,000 write ups in the decade I've been on the site and while I can't say that it's been the best spent time it has given me some interesting insights. For example the day logs from around the turn of the millennium have a very 90s flavor of whiny, quasi-intellectual, heart sick teen vibe that was in back then. I view it with this weird mixture of nostalgia, disgust, and morbid fascination. I live through that era and I always saw that kind of melodrama for the trap that it was but I understand the appeal. I mostly down vote these people. Most of them haven't been on the site in over a decade. I'm not sure what I'm accomplishing other than vote dumping which doesn't even grant XP anymore. I know for a fact that I'm motivated by fake internet points representing the approval of strangers. I've spent way too much time chasing that dragon to delude my self that I'm not. And I do mean the points. If it's not in a form that can be counted then it doesn't count for me. I'm really not being facetious; this is actually how the reward centers of my brain are set up.

Some noders have expressed in day logs that we shouldn't be noding about noding and I agree with this sentiment in the abstract. But I also don't like talking about myself and my life. Not just on the internet but in general. According to the popular psychology that I've encountered this is atypical. And sometimes I have thoughts that I want to get out of my head and that don't really fit anywhere so I try and dump them in a day log and then I don't post that because they don't really belong there either. All of this is sort of circling around the fact that I need to post something today and this rambling swirl of thoughts on voting is something. I think that voting in elections is important but I don't really feel it. I feel like reading and voting on E2 is worth the hour that it takes and I think that said feeling is ridiculous. I have a very strange relationship with voting and votes and that includes but is not limited to elections.

IRON NODER XV: LAST SECOND BARE BONES IRON NODER FREAKOUT!