Gridland is a bejeweled clone / RPG hybrid browser game by doublespeak games. They're the same people who brought us a dark room. In Gridland you play as (or with) a stick man and a grid of tiles. Swap tiles to lines of three of the same tile vertically and horizontally to get resources to the stick man during the day. Line up the tiles during the night to get swords, shields, and enemies during the night. The swords and shields break quickly and have to constantly be replaced by swapping tiles which can in turn cause more tiles to form lines of three or more resulting in more enemies appearing from the resulting cascade. Each swap moves the sun or moon through the sky which transitions from day to night or night to day every twenty or so turns. Gather strength and resources during the day and try to survive the nights. As you gather resources they get added to building projects which result in upgrades to resources and enhancements. Enemies drop items such as health potions, screen clearing bombs, and sword shield packages which lend a very minor real time strategy resource management element to the night sections. This combined with very limited strategic considerations in creating or risking cascades makes for a game with just enough choices to be interesting. The full effect of all of this is a game that feels like some bastard offspring of Minecraft and Bejeweled. The game does have an end that you are working towards and a clear sense of progression but I expect that the game will start to feel repetitious before then. Despite that the match three, basic progress mechanics, and decent music provides just enough of a dopamine drip to make it an enjoyable experience. If you want to give it a try it can be found here.

IRON NODER XV: LAST SECOND BARE BONES IRON NODER FREAKOUT!