You've seen the movie. You've heard of the show. Now it's coming to your town! Live, wild, uncensored... it's

THE EVERYTHING FORUM!

Since E2 turned six years old two days ago, I brought up a little something as a kind of birthday present. A number of people, most recently sam512, justifiably lamented the lack of a better means of communication among (and between) our users and staff. Since E2 has no forum features worth speaking of, something less messy and more permanent than a combination of the catbox, private messages, and usergroups was in order.

Enter the wonderful world of bulletin boards and some spare space on a server. The Everything board is running at http://e2bb.apatrix.net/, an address which may change in the future but is the best I can do right now.

The board is running on a trial basis to see if it catches on and is still a work in progress. It's currently moderated, to the extent to which it is at all moderated, by izubachi, RoguePoet, joes3029, and craze. It's conditionally endorsed by The Management but should be regarded as an entirely autonomous side project. In order to achieve a substantial degree of separation between the E2 power structure and the board's management, forum affairs will ultimately be managed by a group of people primarily (or perhaps entirely) from outside the E2 hierarchy.

Anyway, that's all for now. Sign up using your E2 username and check it out. Please note that the forum is for noders only and not anonymous. Forum accounts that can not easily be matched to an E2 user will be summarily deleted and the originating IP address banned. /msg Apatrix if you have problems accessing it or subscribing. Yahoo! Mail/Gmail/Hotmail users who haven't received their activation mail should check their bulk/spam/junk folder first.

UPDATE 2007-08-15

The forum has been reactivated now that I found time to fix its technical issues (which were of my own doing, actually). I am the only contact for now and until I assemble a new mod team. Thanks to the people who kept reminding me that they'd like to see it back. ALso, please remember that usernames on the board are case-sensitive.

If you'd like to help out as a moderator, I could do with 2-3 good people, hoping that traffic picks up again enough to justify their presence. The only condition is that you not be an E2 admin or editor. As originally planned, the forum's day to day operations will eventually be run by non-staffers. Should you join the E2 staff, you'll be asked to resign your post on the forum. As for me, well, I'll have to be the exception for now since I'm running the server and the board.