Hello everybody, I'm Jay Bonci, the new owner of Everything2. A lot of you remember me from years ago, but I've returned after a good deal of maturing and professional development, and I'm here to guide this place to its bright future. There's a long story of how I came to own it, and what the plan, but I will lay that out in great detail over the next month. For now, however, I wanted to get off on the right foot and let people know what this means in the short term.

My main focus in the upcoming month is going to be on stability of the code, improvement of the development experience, and general work on the infrastructure of the site. It's going to seem quiet for a while, as there is a lot of ground to cover. Our code is now hosted at github, where I will be working in an open manner to bring this site up to a modern codebase as quickly as possible. After the infrastructure is set, it will be time for the rapid functional and collaborative changes to evolve this place.

Writers and people are the lifeblood of this place, and what has kept it alive over the last 13 years. There's no place like it on the web, and we will continue this grand experiment. There's a few quick takeaways from this transition that I want to let everybody know about. The site's not going anywhere. All the current staff still retains their current positions, and I have no plans for any staffing changes. Making sure that writers retain rights to their work and are rewarded for what they do is my primary goal. The quick view on what the changes are is that I want to enable people to better collaborate, give better feedback, have their work be more findable (internally and externally), and be rewarded for the different ways people contribute to the site.

Lastly, I want to personally thank alex for helping to pull this transition together, the various members of the coding staff who has helped to maintain this site after I walked away from it years ago, and to nate for helping me to find a career on the web, both directly and indirectly. He trusted his baby many years ago to a complete stranger, and it was that act of trust that helped me grow.

At any rate, that's the scoop. My email is on my homenode, and if you have questions, feel free to email me. It's an exciting time for all of us.
-Jay