So, the idea is this: All stylesheet creators will be given the option of making any attributes of their stylesheet customizable.

To wit:

  1. You create a stylesheet. Let us say for example it only consists of one element being styled:

    .nodelet {background-color: #e0a4ff;}
  2. As creator of the stylesheet, a form is made available to you at the stylesheet's page, the "Customization Form" or something of that nature. It will be a tabular form containing three columns: "element","attribute", and "description".
  3. For our example, the stylesheet creator might enter ".nodelet" for the element, "background-color" for the attribute, and "Nodelet Background Color" for the description.
  4. This will be saved into a table. We will probably limit customizations to, say, 50 or 100 options to curb abuse.
  5. If a user chooses our stylesheet, they will be provided with their own "Customization Form", which will essentially show them the description and a box. They change the box, it changes the subsequent element attribute for their individual stylesheet (a separate internalized version of Style Defacer.)

This would require a few code additions and modifications, namely the new table to keep track of customization options, but this seems like a reasonable way to allow stylesheet creators to offer customization and users to take advantage of it without having to know a lot of CSS or simply trusting that copy-and-paste will save the day.