Okay, here's the deal.

  • Fact #1: E2 needs cash. We're all aware of the cost of keeping the site running, and that various people here are having to subsidise it.
  • Fact #2: I'm broke. Stony, skint, poor as a church mouse. You know all those romances about penniless writers and artists starving in garrets? Well, things aren't that bad, but in order to make a meaningful donation I'd have to not pay for something at least semi-essential: school camp, sports fees, music lessons, ISP.
  • Fact #3: Paypal is a pain in the butt for anyone outside the US. The registration process is tedious and relies on you having a credit card. This makes the Donation Box difficult to use for non-merkins.
  • Fact #4: The combination of #1, #2 and #3 above irks the hell out of me. I've never liked to feel that I don't pull my own considerable weight.

So, what's a girl to do?

Well, what this girl has done is set up a couple of shops at www.cafepress.com, where you can buy merchandise, with all profit going direct to Blockstackers Intergalactic. There are two ranges of products: E2 specific at http://www.CafePress.com/nodeheaven and a more general range at http://www.CafePress.com/geekess. I'm also reminded that mblase runs a store at http://www.CafePress.com/everything2.

Something for yourself, or a gift, there's a variety of products and prices, and every item sold will send a dollar or two to E2. I like the stuff, and I hope you will too - so please take a look.

Thank you. I will now return you to your scheduled programming.

Demeter