Last night, I was attacked by some kind of wild animal in the lobby of the E2 Headquarters in Breakwater, Minnesota. A lawsuit is now pending.

Because this is an active legal matter, I am not at liberty to discuss the particulars. My lawyer has advised me not to even reveal what kind of animal it was that attacked me or how much damage there was too my exquisite body. So, let's not go there right now.

I saw you in the supermarket the other day. Nice choices. We move on.

You been okay? Glad to hear it. Those earrings look like absolute shit, by the way. If you need help next time, let me know. I can help with that.

Here is a poem I wrote. I hope you will like it as much as I do. If you don't, then you lack an eye for talent (needs to be noded).

 

Galoshes

I am wearing galoshes

Now I take them off

Did you watch me take off

My galoshes or not?

Are you weird? Are you creepy?

Are you Peter the pee pee reaper?

Do you want to watch me

Put them on, put them on?

Are you some kind of pervert?

Does your wife know?

Do you?

Galoshes, galoshes

Put 'em on, take 'em off

I rolled today for the first time in a week, a black belt, a couple other brown belts, a couple lower ranked guys I don’t know. Can’t remember anybody’s name unless they’ve been coming to morning classes for a while or else made some sort of impression. Bottom game is as strong as it has ever been, more so probably, have been branching out from my staple tuck and roll, foot and wrist locks. Have been working these last six months or so on my teaching technique, the next promotion being my black belt (whenever that will happen is still a mystery) and have taken a few white belts and a couple blue belts under my wing. I prefer to stick with a very basic curriculum sprinkled here and there with my own brand of jiujitsu, my own game that just happens to be heavily focused on fighting from the least desirable and most anxiety inducing positions: bottom side-control, bottom mount, back mount, and turtle. Get lots of compliments from black belts and even get asked from time to time to demonstrate my escapes in front of other classes besides the classes that I personally teach.

Having a good month at the dealership as well, despite the fact that we are running out of inventory and contending with fanatical maskers who seem to be addicted to the fear of this phantom plague. A touchy subject that I am sure won’t win me any friends on a public forum, but I am beginning to run short on patience for their type anyhow.

Wanted to dip my toes in the gel again, felt morally compelled since we lost Fred.

Have got to make my writing a priority again as I know he and Dannye would be disappointed I’ve been absent from it.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.