One of my favorite videos of all time has to be this one.

It's simple enough in concept; a device that helps your mind into pleasant dreams. It looks... a little strange, but hey, always fun to try new things right? I mean they've even got pre-packaged dream collections for your sleeping pleasure! Beach vacation, jungle adventure, Italian cafe... It sounds like a great deal! I know that I personally have trouble sleeping at night, something like this would be really really helpful for me!

...

Oh.

Oh boy.

This is one of my favorite pieces of horror media, and for good reason; it juxtaposes the serene, wistful commercial, with the stark, grey, and frightening PSA, and it twists the concept into something grotesque and horrifying. The PSA holds weight. It elicits anxiety. It warns you, "Something happened here."

But sometimes, you can't help but wonder what happened. How did they figure this out? How is any of this possible? That's what this video hinges on. Fear of the unknown. You don't know how it works, you don't know why it does the things it does, and you don't know how they found out.

Really, logic dictates it's best you don't find out. But the seed is planted. You can't stop thinking about it. It stays there, the morbid curiosity and fear of what you don't know. You've stumbled upon a murder scene with no body, just a lot of blood and the murder weapon. Let your mind draw the rest of the details in.

If you're lucky, you might just get it right first try.

Brevity Quest 2022

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.