user since
Sat Jan 6 2007 at 15:33:15 (17.2 years ago )
last seen
Sun Mar 10 2024 at 09:45:16 (2.7 weeks ago )
number of write-ups
68 - View tifrap's writeups (feed)
level / experience
7 (Chronicler) / 3417
C!s spent
40
mission drive within everything
To disengage the mission drive so that everything can freewheel
specialties
Nothing special.
school/company
Red Herring
motto
People that like to wave flags shouldn't be allowed to have one.
most recent writeup
February 17, 2024
Send private message to tifrap

A housenode is not a homenode

Cue Music...

They're coming to take me away Ha Ha
To the happy homenode with trees and flowers and chirping birds and basket weavers who sit and smile and twiddle thier thumbs and toes.
To the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice men in their clean white coats

Look! This is the homenode that I have been sent to.
The other inmates don't bother me too much. I am even getting used to the ludicrous tales that they invent.
But tell me? Why are You here?
Have you got a cigarette?
Don't try and touch me or I will call Matron.

I like it here. I like it because we all exchange ideas here. stupid ideas, insufferable ideas, brilliant ideas and lyrical ideas. We all do that together like we know each other, without the need to be in each others faces. I have got to know some people here very well simply through their narrative voice, that and the things that they choose to knode. E2 manages to channel the essential psychotic in people, or do I mean psyche? something that chat, facebook and messaging seem to exclude.
I love the subjectivity that can be found here, the brave opinion and sheer poetic frailty of even the shabbiest node ~ I often think that E2 is the antimatter to wikipedia's anal pre-occupation with laughable fact and schoolboy point-of-viewlessness (I loathe wikipedia ~ do they not realise the politic of their attempts to sterilise? That denial of subjectivity is an immoral dialectic? that truth is always subjective and to insist otherwise by calling it fact is nothing more than authoritarianism?).

By now you must know that grammar and writing doesn't come easily to me, but I enjoy the struggle. To me the subjects of my writeups all seem fairly random, usually a notion that occurs to me as I'm reading the writeups of others. but I am beginning to see a theme emerging, and perhaps one day I will be cured.

Outside of this institution I make my living as a sculptor, an artist, a maker of trivial things, and large civic monumental things, although I have also written several books that have been translated into half a dozen languages, and as many ISBN's).

My preferred reads here are those writeups that attempt to find a new way of looking at something (the something barely matters). I have a weakspot for honest, personal, human writing that tries to present real individuality, and admire those that can manage it (my attempts rarely leave the scratchpad). I loathe macho shite, and fact for fact sake makes me highly suspicious. I am European, so by nature tend to be fairly left wing, and by education tend to be socialist, and by experience tend to be Trotskyite - but have deep reservations about Marx, who after all wrote for a different set of circumstances that prevail today.

I try as hard as I can not to vote or c! because I agree with the sentiment of a writeup - instead I message. my votes and c!'s are given for invention and of course craft.

If you read this and have something to say please message me, I'd like to know.