Created in March of 2012, @Coffee_dad is a dark novelty twitter account with a simple premise: the owner of the account is a dad who sure loves his coffee.

The majority of posts are simple, and not usually in complete or grammatically correct sentences, as per the usual on Twitter.

"getting coffee#"
"nice sunday coffee"
"its coffee time"

And so on. For months on end, those will be the kinds of posts coffee_dad makes. The dark humor element comes from the 1% of posts that aren't about coffee.

"coffee time"
"getting coffee#"
"making coffee"
" It is time for them to pay for what they have done."
"drinking coffee"

And

making #coffee
made my coffee
This holiday season, remember to cherish what is truly important. I miss you with every part of me, my Christmas Angel. Rest In Peace.
having some #coffee

And

"coffee"
"little coffee"
"All the Love in my life is gone."
"coffee time


Not much is known about the story of Coffee_Dad. He loves coffee He was a dad, with the operative word being was. Through the tweets, the audience can piece together the tragic story behind Coffee_Dad's deceased son, and the circumstances surrounding his death.

Coffee_Dad's son was killed in a motorcycle accident, and he isn't taking it well, as seen in tweets like:

"I am severely depressed and I don't know what to do. Some days I can not even get out of bed. Some days I miss him so much I want to die."

And

"The warmer months means motorcycles are back on the road. Please do not take a single second of your life for granted. Rest gently, my baby."

As of this writing, Coffee_Dad's last post was in July of this year. This isn't the first time Coffee_Dad has taken a hiatus, though normally they don't last quite this long. We can only hope that Coffee_Dad hasn't finally succumbed to his crushing grief, and has instead found happiness away from Twitter, away from coffee, and away from the shadow of his dead son.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.