1000 Blank White cards is a card game popular among discordians. The purpose of this game is to create the cards you are playing with. The game was originally created by Nathan McQuillan of Madison, Wisconsin. Any and all rules may be altered at will.

You will generally need 4 players, although you may use more or less. You will also need blank index cards and everyone will need a pen. Some people cut the index cards in half, but some don't. It's really a matter of personal preference. Get what you believe to be a reasonable amount of blank cards (somewhere between 20 and 50, depending on the number of people playing) and, if you have played before, add your stockpile. If you haven't played before, add more blank cards. Deal five cards to everyone. Use your pens to make cards (I'm getting to that part) then shuffle them into the deck. Now, you're ready to play!

Play goes clockwise from the dealer. Everyone receives five cards as their hand. On your turn, draw a card from the deck, then play a card from your hand. Cards can be played on yourself, another player, or to the middle of the table, which causes the card to have an effect on everyone. If the card effects points or has a lasting effect, it stays in play. If it does not, it goes to the discard pile. If you have any blank cards, you may use your pen to make them into a card (Yes, I'm getting to that!). You should probably do this during someone else's turn so you don't hold everything up. If you can't play a card from your hand because of circumstances and you have no blanks, draw another card and pass your turn. If you can't draw in this situation because the deck is out, the game is over. People can show off the cards in their hand if they wish before they begin the stockpile phase of the game. Total up the amount of points you have. The winner is the one with the most points, although no one really cares who wins.

Once the game is over, everyone looks through the deck and picks out their favorite cards. Everyone is allowed to add five cards to your stockpile, which is then put into the next game. If there aren't many players, or if there are a lot of players, you can modify the number 5. It's really arbitrary. The rest of the cards can be thrown away, or you can do whatever you want with them. It doesn't really matter. Now, to the part you've all been waiting for...

HOW TO MAKE A CARD


Every card has a title, a picture, and an effect. First, title your card. Try to make it something funny. Then, add a picture. It doesn't matter what the picture is of. Stick figures are completely fine, as long as they're FUNNY stick figures. Last, add a description of what the card does. It can give someone extra points, it can take points away from someone else, it can make someone devour a card that you don't like. It doesn't really matter. Sure, you can make a card that gives you a ton of points, but how long do you think it will take before someone comes up with a card that SCREWS YOU OVER? Just remember, the point of the game is to HAVE FUN. Just remember, the most bizzare cards are best. What do you think will be added to the stockpile, a card called "Bonus!" which gives you 800 points, or a card called "Hitler's Crack Whore's Baby" which says "You may eat this card for absolutely no psychotropic effect"? So have fun and happy carding!

(For more information and card samples, go to my source for this information: http://www.geocities.com/nconner23/bwcards.html)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.