A classic arcade game released by Capcom in 1985, it was later ported to the Nintendo, and now has been revived for the Game Boy Color.

You play a fighter plane advancing on Tokyo in World War II.

Movement was in all directions, but the game would only advance as the screen slowly scrolled upwards. One button would shoot, and another would do a loop downwards to temporarily escape enemies.

Powerups included extra guns and loops. One would kill all enemies on the screen.

While a fun game, the end was truly awful. The word "Congratulations" was simply printed across the screen. Pressing start at this point would take you back to the main menu.


Yes, this writeup is pretty weak. I leave it only because this game does not deserve to go unrepresented. Please, write something better. Make this obsolete so it can rest in Node Heaven where it belongs.

I shall return!

Douglas MacArthur, upon leaving the Philippines, March 30, 1942.


I want freedom immediately, this very night before dawn if it can be had....We shall free India or die in the attempt. We shall not live to see the perpetuation of our slavery.

Mahatma Ghandi, speech promoting the Quit India Movement, August, 1942.


Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

Winston Churchill, speech after the British victory at the second Battle of El Alamein, November 10, 1942.


In the year 1942...

These people were born in 1942:

These people died in 1942:

These films hit theaters in 1942:


1941 - 1942 - 1943

20th century

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.