If you don't know what the Darwin Awards are go here The Darwin Award.

If you are due to receive the Darwin Awards post, do not read further - this is a spoiler.


(5th September 1999, Jerusalem)

The switch away from daylight savings time caused consternation among terrorist groups this year.

At precisely 5:30 Israel time on Sunday, two coordinated car bombs exploded in different cities, killing the three terrorists who were transporting the bombs.

It was initially believed that the devices had been detonated prematurely by klutzy amateurs but a closer look revealed the truth behind the untimely explosions.

Three days before, Israel had made a pemature switch from daylight saving time to standard time to accommodate a week of Slihot, involving pre-sunrise prayers. Palestinians refused to "live on Zionist time".

Two weeks of scheduling havoc ensued.

The bombs had been prepared in a Palestine-controlled area, and set on Daylight Saving Time. The confused drivers had already switched to standard time. As a result, the cars were still en-route when the explosives detonated, delivering to the terrorists their premature, but well-deserved, demise.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.