2 Stupid Dogs was a show about just that — Little Dog and Big Dog, two canines with a nose for trouble and not enough brains to get out of it. The show was a break from Hanna-Barbera’s traditional style, animated more along the lines of Ren and Stimpy than Scooby-Doo. The show also shared Ren and Stimpy’s taste for booger jokes and potty humor mingled into plot-free exercises in unbridled wackiness.

The premise was simple: Little Dog was the loudmouth with a deathly fear of cats, Big Dog was his mellow companion. A broad-shouldered human named Hollywood appeared on most episodes to antagonize the dogs, uttering his instant catchphrase, “Isn’t that cute… But it’s WROOOONG!!” The show was filled with throwaway one-liners that fans have been bandying about ever since: “It tastes like caca,” “Where’s the food?” “(Monkey to astronaut): I think you’ve been drinking too much Tang,” and Little Dog’s catchphrase, “Ball!”

2 Stupid Dogs also brought the return of a little-known character from the Hanna-Barbera archives: Secret Squirrel. Each episode of 2 Stupid Dogs featured a Super Secret Squirrel segment, spoofing the 1960’s spy craze with the title squirrel, his bull superior Chief, and his Peter Lorre-inspired assistant Morocco Mole.

2 Stupid Dogs endeared themselves to viewers with their endlessly hilarious stupidity. In one episode, Little Dog tried to use a hand puppet to fool a cat into thinking there was food in another alley. After a brief conversation with his puppet, Little Dog fooled himself instead, calling the puppet a liar when the truth came out.

After two seasons of original episodes in syndication, the show moved to The Cartoon Network.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.