A skateboarding trick. It's actually short for "360 kickflip," but "360 flip" rolls off the tongue more smoothly. Done correctly, 360 flips also roll rather smoothly off one's feet. It is a skateboarding trick in which the board spins 360 degrees parallel to the ground while also kickflipping. Can also be described as a 360 pop shove-it with a kickflip.

360 flips, like all other skateboarding tricks, can be learned with practice, practice, practice. Learn 360 pop shove-its, learn kickflips, then combine the two. Once you've landed a few 360 flips, here are a few tips for perfecting them:

  • The faster you're rolling, the easier they are
  • Some find that learning 360 flips fakie is easier.
  • Once you have the basic muscle memory necessary to pull off 360 flips consistently, concentrate on scooping the board hard with your rear foot. Done correctly, a good scoop means you don't have to kick with your front foot at all, just let it roll off your foot.

Fairly simple trick to perform. Can be done at any speed, or simply immobile. Ollie With your heel slightly off the edge of the board. Once both wheels are off the ground, then start the board spinning into a kickflip by kicking back but also kick your back foot forward (and flat) to start the 360 degree spin. Relatively simple once you get the hang of it.

Fairly simple? I think not!!

I couldn't believe my eyes when i saw "fairly simple" in the last post about it, it is NOT, I repeat NOT a simple trick to perform at all. It is one of the most difficult tricks there is!

I have only succeded in landing it a couple of times and this is how I managed it:


Step 1: Power.

This trick is all about power, it takes alot of power in the leg movements to get the board to spin enough for it to look right, the front foot should be quite far back and only the tips of the toes should be on the board as to get enough power in the flip.


Step 2:The Hover.

When jumping off the board you should jump as high as possible because it takes time for the board to flip such a great amount so you need to be up in the air while it does, the longer you stay up, the easier it is to land.


Step 3:The Flick.

The front foot should be only used to flip the board over, not round as the back foot is for this. The front foot should kick off the board the same way as in a kickflip and then out of the way of the board. The back foot should be 'swept' round behind you as to spin the board.


Step 4:The Landing.

After seeing the board flip as much as needed, untuck the legs and reach down for the board with them. A common problem is landing too far forward, this can be solved by leaning back a little bit more on take-off.

And thats how it's done! It takes ALOT of practice to be able to 360 flip, but once you can do it, you'll be glad you practiced all that time.

"Fairly Simple" depends on your perspective. I have been skating for four and a half years and I consider 360 flips a pretty simple trick for me, but I remember the days of practice it took to learn this one. Now that I look back on it, 360 flips did in fact, take me almost a year to learn and two years to really master. All the hard work paid off because I can do them virtually every try now, and I can do them switch too. Switch means doing a trick using your unnatural stance. The way M-I-K-E describes how to do the trick is correct but putting the tip of your foot at the edge of your board is not advised. I learned this trick that way, but I eventually had to relearn 360 flips with the tip of my foot more in the center of the board, which makes it easier to balance, and gives you a better looking 360 flip that goes higher off the ground. It is easier to learn it with the tip of your foot at the side but eventually you want to learn it the way I described so you can have a more developed and functional trick. When you try to do the trick with your toes near the edge you often fall over because you are so far back and to the side of your board. You know you have fully mastered this trick when you can do it with your front-foot right below the front truck bolts.

Rodney Mullen invented this trick sometime during the 80's. Skaters who are known for having very nice 360 flips are Jason Lee, Pat Chinita and Josh Kalis among many others. Arto Saari has a very distinguished switch 360 flip along with Brian Wenning as well. Overall 360 flips are a very stylish trick which take a lot of practice to learn, but one you learn them they are not that hard. Switch 360 flips are insanely hard and are very respected.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.