5-methoxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine. Fast-acting psychedelic drug similar to DMT. This substance can be found, of all places, on the backs of frogs (such as the Sonora desert toad, bufo alvarius). Note to toad-lickers: 5-MeO-DMT should be smoked as it will be broken down by enzymes in the stomach unless accompanied by a MAOI.

This comment on 5-MeO-DMT is from Shulgin's TiHKaL:

(with 15 mg, smoked) "At about 60 seconds after I smoked this free base, I beheld every thought that was going on everywhere in the universe and all possible realities while I was wracked out with this horrible ruthless love. It scared the hell out of me. When I could see again (15 minutes later) it was almost as if there was an echo of a thought in my head saying that I was given an extremely rare look at the true consciousness of it all. I've never been hit this hard since then. A definite ++++."


Watching a person tripping on 5-MeO-DMT conveyed an unprecedented feeling of intensity to me. She took the trip with expectations of a rebirth-type experience, and that's precisely what it looked like - like she was a small child again, staring wide-eyed at the world as defined by her imagination. However, 5-MeO-DMT should be considered too intense and, like the TiHKaL comment above mentions, potentially very frightening for the unprepared.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.