an indie band on up records, originally composed of two people:

John Atkins - Guitar
Polly Johnson - Drums

they put out two 7-inches, two albums, an EP, and a collaborative project with Modest Mouse with this lineup, then acquired a bassist (James Bertram of Red Stars Theory, who also appeared on Beck's One Foot In The Grave.) With their newly-enhanced sound, they released their third full-length album, Get Here and Stay, in 1998. A US tour followed, during which I saw them for the second time (the first being when they were on tour with Built to Spill). They seemed a little unsure about what to do now that they had a bassist, a whole nother person in their little band. By the sound of their new album, Weekends of Sound, released July 1999, they're definitely more comfortable with their new form.

Discography:
Salt Sinks & Sugar Floats - Up Records, 1996
We're Solids - Suicide Squeeze/Up, 1997
Get Here And Stay - Up, 1998
Whenever You See Fit (with Modest Mouse) - Suicide Squeeze/Up, 1998
Weekends of Sound - Up, 2000

Also the number by which commuters (at least in Washington state) can call the state police and report folk who are abusing the HOV lanes.

I do this a lot, because these people bug the living hell out of me, blissfully abusing a system that only works if it is adhered to. If you can't stand traffic, then find somebody else to ride in your Explorer, you pathetic dork.

The problem with the 764-HERO line is that it has about 10 menu options and places to leave information, which is problematic when you are not in the HOV lane, trying to rat on some brainless clod. You options are to 1. Ride their ass in the HOV lane, (which sort of gives away the fact that you are ratting on them), or 2. desperately attempt to get info from them from another lane, as they zip merrily by.

Anyway, I hope they all burn in hell.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.