Located in Seattle Washington. A Contemporary Theatre, also known as ACT was founded in 1965. They are a member of the LORT (League of Resident Theatres) as a not for profit theatre they produce about 7 productions a year. Recently they’ve taken to doing A Christmas Carol every December, but, other than that, they seem to be drawn to newer plays by American authors. Tickets start as low as $25 and as much as $60. They also have a reading series for new works.

The have a main stage with about 450 seats, the stage style is thrust. The recently renovated Eagles Hall building has several stages, gorgeous interior decorating and low-income housing for Seattle residents (this was included to make expansion of the building possible without displacing locals)

ACT has an excellent volunteer program with downtown businesses to increase exposure and community connection.

At a time when many regional theatres are suffering from severe cutbacks in arts funding ACT has managed to create a thriving theatre scene in downtown Seattle.

PO Box 194000
Seattle, WA, 98109

206-285-3220
206-285-5110 (box office)
206-298-3100 (fax)
(please note phone number and address may change.)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.