A Fistful of Yen is a brilliant and extremely accurate parody of Enter the Dragon. It comprises a significant portion of the film Kentucky Fried Movie by Zucker/Abrahams/Zucker. The "plot" revolves around martial arts master Mr. Loo, who is hired to infiltrate the mysterious island of Dr. Klahn and foil the nefarious, world-conquering schemes dreamt up there. And, of course, rescue a hot chick.

The general tone of the film can be summed up by the very first visual joke; over a helicopter shot of lower Manhattan the words "Hong Kong" are superimposed. This, in a way, is prescient of Rumble in the Bronx, in which the mountains outside of Vancouver, the city where the movie was filmed, are clearly visible.

Some of the better-known jokes (or, at least, ones I remember) from A Fistful of Yen are suggested by these quotes (in no particular order):

"Ah, but you'll get to kill fifty, maybe sixty, people."
"We forge our spirits in the traditions of our ancestors!"
"We are building a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude."
"It must have been a dream of extraordinary magnitude!"
"...but it would be wrong."
"A toy robot!"
"You are a man of extraordinary magnitude."
"What was that? This is not a charade. We need total concentration."
"He is rough, and toothless."
(mouthed) "What the fuck?"
"So! You are anxious to see my operation!"
"Let's all give Dr. Klahn a great big hand!"

Thank you, A Fistful of Yen, for nearly making me piss my pants laughing innumerable times throughout my childhood. You have our gratitude.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.