R.H. Kress Instructional Films presents

Hey Marlene:

A Trip to Nowhere

 

Abundant in the early Cretaceous period, it is not a mineral or gem. Instead, amber is the hardened resin of trees fossilized over long periods of time.

Psst. Hey Marlene. You’re an orange and I’m gonna peel ya.

Amber inclusions occur when plant or animal material becomes trapped in the sticky, tar-like substance.

Hey. Marlene. You’re a banana, and I’m gonna split ya.

More than half the inclusions found in amber are flies, but many larger creatures have been unable to free themselves as well.

Pssst. Hey Marlene. You’re a fly. I’m gonna swat ya. You’re a in-cloo-sion. Hey Marlene you’re trapped.

And you’re gonna die.

Hi. Doug Hoffner here. You might remember me from previous R.H. Kress instructional films such as “Citizen’s Arrest” or “Riboflavin and You”.  

Earlier that morning, a “friend” offered Marlene two very small orange pills. Foolishly, she took them.

Now as she sits in her second period science class, taunted by fellow students, grotesque, warped images pass before her eyes and voices fill her head—so begins Marlene’s descent into the nightmare world of mind-bending narcotics.

Stuck like a bug in this hallucinogenic hell—ironically, Marlene is one of the lucky ones.

Wooow….wait. No. I’m here. Sort of. Man, I am sooo high. I am, like, out there.

Yes. Wow. You are “out there”, Marlene. And chances are—

Um. Mr. Hoffner? I don’t feel so good.

I don’t feel so well, Marlene.

No, me either.

Well turn that frown upside down, we’re all in this together. All of us. Trapped. In this sticky, nebulous story.

You mean…we’re like those bugs? We’re just, inclusions?

In a never-ending series of educational shorts. Yes. What the future has in store for us depends entirely on the point of view and plot line in a R.H. Kress Instructional Film.

no

I’m afraid so, Marlene. But let’s keep a good thought. After all, you know what these little movie shorts are like. “Good Grooming”. “Why Chemistry Matters”. It could be a lot worse.

Gosh. I guess you’re right. Gee, thanks Mr. Hoffner. But isn’t there some way we can find out what the next short’s gonna be? I mean, isn’t there some way we can know?

Well not for certain, Marlene, it’s all heavily encrypted. I’ve made some headway, though. Watch the screen there, I’ll show you. I’ve been trying to decode some of this stuff for months, and I—oh no.

What is it Mr. Hoffner. What is it.

Oh. My. God.

 

THE END

 

At this time, R.H. Kress Instructional Films is pleased to announce it is partnering with Armed Services Archives, in order to bring you the finest in educational entertainment.

The following is a preview.

ASA and R.H. Kress Instructional Films

present:

USS VD: The Ship of Shame

 

 

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.