A silly finnish game about Motocross. The game is sidewards scrolling, and has laws of physics which allow stunts no one could do in real life. In the game, player must get all apples before touching the flower, but though it sounds simple, more and more complicated levels make it fun for years..

In the manga and anime Excel Saga, ACROSS is a secret ideal organisation run by Il Palazzo, from F City, in F Province, Japan. Their primary objective appears to be taking over the world, or at least changing the parts Il Palazzo doesn't like. They are located underground, in the sewer system. ACROSS's headquarters is full of traps, the most notorious being the trapdoor in Il Palazzo's throne room. ACROSS does not pay well, and both of its employees are constantly desperate for money. ACROSS is often going against the Safety Assurance Agency.

A*cross" (#; 115), prep. [Pref. a- + cross: cf. F. en croix. See Cross, n.]

From side to side; athwart; crosswise, or in a direction opposed to the length; quite over; as, a bridge laid across a river.

Dryden.

To come across, to come upon or meet incidentally. Freeman. -- To go across the country, to go by a direct course across a region without following the roads.

 

© Webster 1913.


A*cross", adv.

1.

From side to side; crosswise; as, with arms folded across.

Shak.

2.

Obliquely; athwart; amiss; awry.

[Obs.]

The squint-eyed Pharisees look across at all the actions of Christ. Bp. Hall.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.