Name: Avatar
Address: avatar.walrus.com
Portal: 3000

Races include: Human, Elf, Half-Elf, Dwarf, Orc, Goblin, Giant, Ogre, Griffon, Dragon, Lizard Man, Kzinti (cat warrior), Troll, Troglodyte, Drow (elf), Gnome, Deep Gnome, Duergar, Sprite, Centaur, Gargoyle and Halfling. Most of these have innate racial abilities.

Classes include: Warrior, Mage, Cleric, Rogue, and Psionicist. The Ranger class was recently retired, and a Sorcerer class is currently in the testing phase. All classes have assorted skills, with more attained after each level.

Includes mortal levels 1-59, hero levels 1-999, lord levels 1-999, a special non-competitive Angel level of involvement and various assorted Immortals (programmers).

Newbies can travel through a MUD school; experienced (that is, severely addicted, red-eyed drooling veteran) MUDders can bypass that school and dive in clawed-feet first.

Host/Port: avatar.outland.org:3000

Website: http://www.outland.org

IP: 74.95.94.193

AVATAR Mud is a Diku MUD established on August 8, 1995. Originally hosted on walrus.com, it has moved to http://www.outland.org. I started playing in February 1998, and have not stopped since. One of my earliest memories was my first character dying to a stag in the Meadow. Not because I was outmatched, exactly, but because I was curious to see what happens when my hit points hit zero.

Death happens!

Thankfully, a helpful Angel by the name of Rembrandt guided me when I took a wrong turn off the clouds and was a far, far distance from my corpse with all my gear. That was the first of many, many deaths, with my favorite character being a Sprite Mage with a handful of hit points...

AVATAR Mud is a free family-friendly game for all ages. It prides itself on one of the best mud schools around, with a newbie-friendly playerbase. There is no player killing and there are both NPC and Immortal run quests. Come join us... and wage war to protect this Realm from the other Planes...

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.