Spending a few years working as a bagger in a Meijer gave me the opportunity to clean the restrooms occasionally. While I hated the task, it's not like I had a choice. Most of the work was much more pleasant, and easily had to be better than the other main option for the high school time period, fast food grunt.

I got to compare the restrooms in the store to each other many times. There were two pairs, and they were obviously done at differing times, from the design schemes.

The men's restrooms were darker in colors, usually, seeming to be more drab. Always dirtier and smellier - apparently not having to sit down to urinate all the time removes any respect for the cleanliness - why care when you can pee from across the room? There seemed to also be a greater chance of some big mess being in there - whether it was toilet paper or trash all over the floor, a puddle under the urinal, or whatever. (someone took a poop in the urinal once, even) The women's room rarely had anything like that.

I came to the conclusion that men don't have as much respect for other men (at least in that generalized "other people" sense) as women do for women.

In my mid-teens I worked as a waitress in an old age home, and between set-up and serving we had a long break with nothing to do and nowhere to go. So one day one of the bolder girls suggested we go downstairs to check out the men's room. So off we went. It was a very strange moment. We kind of hung around, smoking cigarettes and flushing the urinal, which was a very tall affair with the handle high above it. I remember wondering why there was no roll of toilet paper hanging next to it.

The men's bathroom is not particularly thrilling or different, however, I've noticed that the men's bathroom is consistently dirtier than the women's room. I am one of the apparently few girls who have no qualms about pooping in a public restroom, and I also have no qualms about rambling into the men's bathroom to take a pee if the lines at concerts or sporting events are too long. In general, this has been my experience.

  • There are generally no lines to use the men's room.
  • The floor may or may not be coated in urine, be prepared, and watch your footing.
  • Men don't really appear to care if you enter their space quietly, do your business, and leave without making some sort of girly ruckus, leaving trails of glitter and little pink Barbie shoes.

Frankly, I think that all bathrooms should be co-ed. That way, men could have the opportunity to take advantage of nice little couches, and women wouldn't have to wait in such monstrous lines to go pee.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.