Alexander Rae Baldwin III, born in Massapequa, Long Island, New York on April 3 1958. The eldest of the first of seemingly endless Baldwin brothers, all actors who are, it seems, bred in pods or assembled in a factory. Alec gave a nuanced performance of Jack Ryan in The Hunt For Red October (1990), but did not do Patriot Games because he was in some Broadway show. He played the father in Outside Providence (1999), the new husband in Prelude to a Kiss with Meg Ryan (1992), Blake in Glengarry Glen Ross (1992), Adam in Beetlejuice (1988), and who can forget Knot's Landing in 1979 (I know I can). Those were the ones that I've seen; he's had many more roles, of course, in movies, theater, and TV.

Alec was the host for SNL's 25th anniversary (1999), and was quite good, actually. Janeane Garofalo met him on the set when she was a player, and said that he was very suave and "Johnny-on-the-spot." She had a headache or something, and he had aspirin right there. "Tic-Tac?" "Light?" You name it. She couldn't say enough good things about him in her HBO stand-up run. He also played himself on The Simpsons, in When You Dish Upon A Star (1998).

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.