The faint light through the window shines on her silk dress, morning dew hangs like honey on the grass; a new day. Lightly she steps through the garden, humming peacefully. With each step, breathing the fragrance of Chrysanthemum, Rose, and Lavender. Her world is at peace. Yet, a little Something in her eyes evinces inner hatred, a doomed attribute to her otherwise beautiful surroundings, and beautiful hair.

What is the meaning of her life? Where has she gone? Where will she be in five years? Walking this garden once more, on light feet, with no cares? Pondering the meaning-of-it-all makes her stop in her tracks. What if where she has already gone is the wrong path?


All of a sudden,

it hits her.

And she falls to the ground. Knowledge assailing her mind like daggers, piercing. Weakened body tries to stand, tries to fight reality, but to no avail. The garden disappears. Red roses turn black. Fragrances removed like unscented detergent. She is gone.....


spiraling....

into ...

a void...

...where reality is the only truth. Her mask is vanquished. The true person has been revealed. She will no longer live a lie! She will no longer live a lie!


Amanda exits the brothel without a turning back of her head...

and life goes on...

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.