Hosted by stand-up comedian and Full House co-star Dave Coulier, America's Funniest People was a show which blended live, interactive elements with the simple home-video goodness of America's Funniest Home Videos. Both America's Funniest People and America's Funniest Home Videos were created by producer Vin Di Bona, and both shows share a very similar design. Airing on ABC on Sundays at 8:30 PM (just after America's Funniest Home Videos) the show was 30 more minutes of bad jokes, unfunny impressions, and tired gags.

Although the show offered a cash prize to the funniest home video per week, it added more variety show elements. For example, Coulier would voice the Jackalope in a series of fast-motion sketches. Coulier also did the voice of Bullwinkle Moose, however poorly and repeatedly. There were also a series of gags in which the America's Funniest People Team would go to shopping malls searching for people to reveal their hidden talents like being double-jointed or being able to wiggle their ears. There were even a few musical guests, including Kid 'N Play. Judges would vote for the best home video, which would be qualified to win the $100,000 grand prize.

Servo5678 points out that TNT and TBS occasionally show reruns of this in the U.S. during the wee hours of the morning.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.