Ten years later, some sense is made...

In a grade 8 drama class, we were herded up into groups and given scripts and screenplays from which to cull choice phrases. I, being the devious and malevolent child prodigy that I was, without exception hunted and sniffed out the most arcane, insane and impossible-to-use speech-fragments with which, presumably, another group would have to assemble something remotely ressembling a plot.

Unfortunately, as with keeping his fly done up and preventing stage lights from crushing innocent students, the teacher didn't have the best randomizing routines, and all hope was lost upon the realization that the phrases my group was presented to work with were the very unusable ones we had submitted!

Against all odds, we managed to cobble something remotely-coherent together from the jumbling mishmash we were provided to work around, which included the following snippets:

If for no other reason, the entire episode had a net result of being meritorious for having inspired the following exchange (as between-quote filler), which I had been waiting almost ten years for the proper context to re-invoke and recently succeeded in doing: Sheer comic genius, I tells ya...

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.