From the updated California sociological lexicon of 2037

An Amish rake is a weapon that has in fact never been seen by any Amish. It actually shares a lot of similarities in use and looks with a spear. The name Amish rake comes from the misunderstanding by a lot of people that Amish will do everything the hardest way possible. Therefore an Amish rake is a stick with a metal pointy end, symbolizing a rake with only one prong.

The weapon and its name were developed by the second wave of white wannabe gangsters. The first generation tried to copy Black and Latino gangsters verbatim, but their later peers started to take the movement in a direction of their own. The Amish rake was for a short period in the early teens of the millennium the weapon of choice for most Californian high-school students.

The use and carrying of pointed stabbing weapons was commonplace for a short time in the mid '10s. A semi-enlightened California supreme court justice ruled that these weapons should be allowed for personal defense in high-schools in the case of the first deadly umbrella fight. Umbrellas quickly evolved into pointy sticks and these were improved upon quickly. The name Amish rake quickly spread, but was also quickly forgotten after a new ruling by the US supreme court finally allowed teens to carry SMG's.

An Amish rake fight was often called in case of a severe injustice done upon a fellow student. After escalation of the argument fellow students would often call all by-standers to attention by shouting "Amish Rake Fight!". This was often continued to cheer on the combatants during the fight.

Since "Amish rake fight" is rather hard to keep chanting, it later evolved into a chant of "A.R.F." Evidence of this can be seen even now by the barking sounds often made by onlookers of a teenage fight. This came from simply pronouncing "A.R.F." as "arf!". It is thought that this was interpreted as a small dog's bark, which most of these white teens had at home.

this nodeshell rescued on a dare

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.