This one is a little more complex than most drinking games, but not so complex as to confuse those already drunk. It works best in a large group. Make sure you have 2 to 4 hours worth of anime ready for this. Mixing up genres (A little Tenchi Muyo, a little Dragonball Z, a little La Blue Girl, and so on) is a lot more fun.

Since anime doesn't have an unchanging set of characters, it's not possible to assign characters, like in the Star Wars Drinking Game or the Star Trek Drinking Game. Therefore, you need a marker of some sort. A plushie of some anime character works best, especially a Ryo-Oh-Ki. Really!

The rules:

  • Whenever a rule says "take a drink," that means the person with the Marker takes a drink, not everyone.
  • If someone has to be reminded that they need to take a drink, they take two drinks.
  • Whenever a male character gets a nosebleed, all women take a drink.
  • Whenever a female character blushes, all men take a drink.
  • Whenever a character announces the name of an attack as they use it, take a drink and pass the marker to anyone you choose.
  • Whenever the show introduces a character who has unnaturally-colored hair, take a drink and pass the marker to the left.
  • Whenever any Mecha transforms or otherwise changes shape, take a drink and pass the marker to the right. (Note: Don't use this rule while watching Transformers)
  • Whenever any character pulls something out of a pocket, purse, or other storage location that could not possibly fit there, take a drink and pass the marker to the left. If it's a female character with a mallet, take two drinks.
  • Whenever a character says something in English (only when watching untranslated or subtitled anime), everyone takes a drink.
  • Whenever a "good guy" attempts an impossibly difficult shot at a dramatic moment and makes it, take a drink and pass the marker to anyone you choose.
  • Whenever a character takes a long time to change form and/or introduce him/herself, take a drink and pass the marker to the left.
  • Any time something with tentacles attempts to rape a female character, take a drink and keep the marker. If it fails, take two drinks and pass the marker to anyone you choose.


This was a nodeshell rescue that I had FAR too much fun making. =^_^=
More rules may be forthcoming as my friends and I come up with them. Thanks to Amidala-Chan and Andara for their input.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.