On April 3, 1981 one of our fellow Everything2 users was born.
I believe that her first words were "I want to node about the whole birthing process".
Harmony and I would like you all to wish Skybluefusion a Happy 24th Birthday!
If you would like to send her a E-card her email address is skybluefusion@gmail.com.
She means the world to us, and we hope that this year is a much better year for her than the last one.

Sara's Song

I take a minute out of my day, possibly a respite from a nostalgic daydream, when the past becomes uncomfortably close to real, the scent of it redolent with present oppressions. These are the times when memory rings truly a blessing and a curse. As they say, you can't know the sweet without the sour.

This is the letter that I will never write you. Some wounds are best left unopened. Some fools are best left not wondering, "what if?"

As the clock rounds 1 am, and G Love spins his crooning lovesong to your namesake, the pillars of my soul tremble with the echo of your smile. It tickles a memory of your voice, that pure angelic timbre bent upon leveling me. Goddamn, your modesty about that voice was ticklish in a way that is fun at first, but quickly turns to pain.

At three-o-clock sits my wine glass, expressing a mere mortal's potential. The screen at twelve-o-clock is a sad reflection of my mind. And you, a misty reflection of distilled desire in a sad drunken poet's pining memories.

As I sit here bathed in a comfortable blue light, I sip longinly at my merlot and take a lingering look back into the darkness. I phase shift and draw upon the memories of us lying upon that evergreen hill. Children were playing around us, and you were embarassed by their presence as we kissed. You'll never know how innocent I thought your embarassment was.

The sharp tinge of alcohol breaks me free of my reverie, and I gather myself to place the bits and bytes upon my screen; the aching maw of night sleeps outside the window sill. I laugh quietly at myself. Taking one last heady draught I peel my thoughts away from my keystrokes and meander back to the bed, nostalgia in my footsteps and oblivion upon my horizon.

Disclaimer: This is a bit of a rant, one which many will not find particularly relevant, but downvote as you may, I still thought I'd get it out there. It's a bit of a rationalization of the events of last night.
  • Caroline and Heather are friends
  • Karl is my roommate
  • Heather and Karl had a relationship
  • Caroline and I had a relationship
  • Heather didn’t call Caroline about the party
  • Heather got drunk at the party, still didn’t call Caroline
  • Caroline and I were in our room
  • Caroline and I were sober
  • Caroline and I were talking
  • Karl and Heather were drunk
  • Karl and Heather came back to our room
  • Karl and Heather came back to have sex
  • Caroline got angry at the fact that Heather blew her off in favor of Karl
  • Caroline left in anger
  • Heather and Karl thought Caroline and I were drunk
  • Heather and Karl thought Caroline and I were having sex
  • Heather and Karl thought Caroline and I were mad at each other
  • I explained to Heather that Caroline was angry with her
  • I was not angry with Heather
  • Heather thought I was angry with her
  • Heather became upset with Caroline and I
  • Heather was drunk
  • Heather was extremely emotional
  • Heather left
  • Karl left to calm Heather down
  • Karl returned
  • Caroline returned
  • Caroline and I talked
  • Caroline is still angry
  • Which makes me angry

Unnecessary drama is fucking stupid

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.