Atari 2600 Game
Produced by: Sears
Model Number:99829
Rarity: 3 Scarce
Year of Release: 1977
Programmer: Unknown

Grab your putters, its time to go to the Putt-Putt course. Sears presents Arcade Golf for the Atari 2600.

This was one of the earliest released titles for the 2600. Which means it has that same extra blocky graphics style that Super Breakout and Combat have, later Atari games had much better graphics because the programmers learned what the hardware could do.

Gameplay is simple. Put the ball in the hole in a few stokes a possible. Walls and other obstacles stand in your way. The one unrealistic thing about this game is that the holes look a lot more like play-fields for some sort of Pong game than they do miniature golf holes. This is a great game if you can get over the fact that it isn't really miniature golf as much as it is something similar to miniature golf. The replay value is a little limited because it is quite possible to learn all of the holes, and get a great score every time.

From the back of the box

Can you play par golf? Nine different and unique holes, each one with a moving obstacle to make life miserable, but interesting. Great fun for one or two players.

Collectors Information

This game was cloned under the name Miniature Golf. The box shows a several shots of a man who seems to be taking the game a little bit too seriously. This game is worth about $5 USD (as of September 2001). "Games with boxes and manuals are worth more".

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.