Warning: this requires a pretty large saucepan, so if you want to attempt it, use the biggest one you've got.. or halve the amounts of all the ingredients, and use a smaller saucepan. The major advantage of this recipe (other than it tasting fabulous) is that you don't have to make anything to go with it - Just slap some on a plate and have at it!

  1. cook bacon in saucepan until crispy. Remove bacon from saucepan, crumble, and set aside.
  2. add chicken to saucepan and cook, turning frequently until cubes are golden brown on all sides (5-7 minutes)
  3. remove chicken from saucepan, keep warm.6
  4. discard all but 2 tablespoons drippings from saucepan.7
  5. add onion, bell pepper, and garlic to saucepan, cook for 3-4 minutes, or until it becomes slightly tender.
  6. add rice, cook mixture for 3-4 minutes
  7. stir in salsa, chicken broth, tomato paste, salt, and cumin, bring to boil
  8. place chicken over mixture, reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 20-25 minutes8
  9. sprinkle bacon and parsley on top
  10. EAT!

1well, it doesn't have to be "cubes", per se.. "chunks" are ok.
2that's equivalent to what, a tablespoon of dried, minced garlic?
3add more, for a thicker dish; I usually use 3 cups
4I use Mild, but Hot or Medium should be ok, if you want more of a kick..
5fresh looks better than dried, but it's mostly a garnish, so who cares?
6what this means is, "don't spread it out on a plate; put it in a bowl"
7if you have more than two tablespoons of drippings in the saucepan at this point, you have been using some greasy bacon, or non-skinless chicken or something...
8a lot of the liquid should have been absorbed by the chicken, and the chicken should not be pink in the center. Although, when I have made this, the chicken has been pretty un-pink after the browning step

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.