Arsene Lupin III is the descendent of the original Arsene Lupin. His blood line has been renowned for burgling some of the most valuable locales in the world. In order to further his exploits, he created a gang with Daisuke Jigen, Goemon Ishikawa, and Fujiko Mine. While he is an expert thief, Lupin can be easily distracted by a beautiful woman. In addition to avoiding the original owner of whatever he is stealing, Lupin must contend with Inspector Koichi Zenigata of Interpol. Their constant run-ins gave birth to Zenigata’s nick name of “tott-san” or “pops.”

Most of Lupin’s schemes don’t go as planned, but that’s where his insane luck comes in. He can fall from a 35th story window, and catch himself on a ledge with just his foot. Having parachute boxer shorts doesn’t hurt either. Lupin’s gun of choice is the Walther P-38, which he generally does not use, as most of his problems call for extremely quick thinking, or a hasty retreat. In fact, his motto is “Attack like a hawk, then escape like the wind.”

In general, Lupin has an irritating voice, and a smarmy demeanor. This does not keep him from getting the girl, but it also grants him a healthy slap in the face. Lupin’s seiyuu include Taichirou Hirokawa, Yasuo Yamada, Toshio Furukawa and Kanichi Kurita. The Series Lupin III was created by Monkey Punch.

There have been a multitude of movies and TV specials about Lupin as well as 3 TV seasons. The vintage of the episode can be determined by the color of Lupin’s jacket, green for pre-second TV series and red for after. Interestingly enough, Nabeshin from Excel Saga dresses in the same red jacket, as an obvious parody/homage to the classic character. He’s done a lot in the past 30 years, from fighting cross dressing nazi’s to crazed quarter chucking ninja henchmen, and he always did it with style.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.