As has been stated before, I dearly love a good conspiracy theory.

Partial transcript from the Art Bell radio show, September 11, 1997, in interview with caller who claims to be a former Area 51 employee:

Male Caller: Hello, Art?

Art Bell: Yes.

Caller: (sounds frightened) I don't have a whole lot of time.

Art: Well, look, let's begin by finding out if you're using this line properly or not.

Caller: Okay, in Area 51?

Art: Yes. Are (sic) you an employee or are you now?

Caller: I'm a former employee. I, I was let go on a medical discharge about a week ago and, and...(chokes) I kinda been running across the country. Damn, I don't know where to start, they're, they're gonna, they'll triangulate on this position real soon.

Art: So you can't spend a lot of time on the phone, so give us something quick.

Caller: (voice breaking) Okay, um, um, okay, what we're thinking of as aliens, Art, they're extradimensional beings, that an earlier precursor of the space program they made contact with. They are not what they claim to be. They've infiltrated a lot of aspects of, of, of the military establishment, particularly the Area 51. The disasters that are coming, they, the military, I'm sorry, the government knows about them. And there's a lot of safe areas in the world that they could begin moving the population to now, Art.

Art: So they're not doing, not doing anything.

Caller: They are not. They want those major population centers wiped out so that the few that are left will be more easily controllable...

Art: (fragment) ...discharged...

Caller: (sobbing, then fragment) I say we g...

At this point, the show went off the air. An old show was then replayed, and it was explained later that a technical problem was responsible for the loss of the rest of the phone call.

Transcript (c) 1997 by Art Bell, I reckon.

(Update: Jason W notes that the caller's voice was used on Tool's Lateralus CD in the song "Faaip de Oiad". This all fits into the Conspiracy in ways that you are not cleared to know...

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.