http://atlantacutlery.com
or http://216.245.165.123/cgi-bin/www11651.storefront

Atlanta Cutlery is yet another sword-enthusiast catalogue/website. In operation since 1971 and based in Conyers, Georgia, they actually have a store located 25 miles outside of Atlanta off of I-20 (going east).

Unlike Noble Collection or the Sovietski Collection, the Atlanta Cutlery tends to focus on the more practical uses of swords, rather than collection and display. 'What uses?' says you? Well, the art of self defense for one and Axe and Dagger Throwing Competitions for another. The range of their useful items dominates the magazine, from the Sword Umbrella on page 2 to the several various key chain knives (that look pretty damn "cute") on the last page. Other notable self-defense items are Jittes, a medieval Japanese weapon used by the police of the era; several types of Sword Canes, take a stab (haha) as to what those are; an ASP Tactical Baton®, used by many tactical law enforcement teams world-wide; and the Night Watchman, a nightstick that can be turned into a 12" blade or a spear. The magazine also features items that are to be thrown at inanimate targets, not humans. These include a Bowie Knife, a few different axes, some daggers and knives, Ninja Throwing Spikes, and Ninja Throwing Stars.

Three other things Atlanta Cutlery should be praised for, cheapness of prices, antique/current military supplies, and things with which to make your own sword.

The prices at A.C. are the best I've seen in a magazine of this type, ever. They have good looking, decorative, katanas for around $70, and a really spiffy double tachi thing for only $40. Some of the most expensive stuff, and understandably so, is the Lord of The Rings stuff and their chain mail, priced at $695 for a Riveted Steel shirt. There are also these military knives from Italy that cost upwards of $300, but damn, they look sweet; and have the features that make them worth every penny.

Surplus Military Supplies. There, it is said, now, who wants some? Atlanta Cutlery features knives from tactical law enforcement agencies and military forces from around the globe. Italy, Israel, and even Britain all gave A.C. some goods. Atlanta Cutlery also features many historical swords (and four guns, two from the Civil War, an antiqued Isaerli UZI SMG Machine Gun and a British Sten MK 5), most from the Civil War, WWII bayonets and helmets are also amongst the historical items.

Atlanta Cutlery also provides quality knife and sword making tools and supplies. These include coveted Damascus Blades, How to Booklets, forged blades, scabbards, ornate crossguards, Samuri sword guards, pins, and woodcarving sets to customize every aspect of the sword. A forged Damascus katana blade costs a whopping $289.95, but is intricately detailed. They don't sell solid steel bars for use in making swords, but the how-to guide The Complete Blacksmith shows you how to make a sword from the ground up anyway.

Also worth noting is the numerous blades A.C. sells that look like they're out of a Science-Fiction movie (actually some of them are based off Sci-fi or fantasy blades). All of these items, actually, are designed by the famous fantasy artist Kit Rea.

So that's it for the Atlanta Cutlery. All in all it has better swords for practical use than anyone else so far (including many types of wood and plastic swords), but its number of original decorative pieces lack in comparison to Noble Collection, but is similar to the number in the Sovietski Collection.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.