Played by Richard Chevolleau.

Eccentric computer genius. Has an unspoken affection for Lili, and a criminal past that predates the Resistance. Augur's computer is incredibly advanced, so much so that I wonder just how far into the future this series is supposed to be set. When he decided to go more-or-less permanently on vacation, Augur had his friend J Street create a new identity for him. He also asked Street to remain in his Resistance lair to aid Liam Kincaid and Renee Palmer in fighting the Taelons, and later the Atavus.

Go to The Earth: Final Conflict Project

Au"gur (?), n. [L. Of uncertain origin: the first part of the word is perh. fr. L. avis bird, and the last syllable, gur, equiv. to the Skr. gar to call, akin to L. garrulus garrulous.]

1. Rom. Antiq.

An official diviner who foretold events by the singing, chattering, flight, and feeding of birds, or by signs or omens derived from celestial phenomena, certain appearances of quadrupeds, or unusual occurrences.

2.

One who foretells events by omens; a soothsayer; a diviner; a prophet.

Augur of ill, whose tongue was never found Without a priestly curse or boding sound. Dryden.

 

© Webster 1913.


Au"gur, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Augured (); p. pr. & vb. n. Auguring.]

1.

To conjecture from signs or omens; to prognosticate; to foreshow.

My auguring mind assures the same success. Dryden.

2.

To anticipate, to foretell, or to indicate a favorable or an unfavorable issue; as, to augur well or ill.

 

© Webster 1913.


Au"gur, v. t.

To predict or foretell, as from signs or omens; to betoken; to presage; to infer.

It seems to augur genius. Sir W. Scott.

I augur everything from the approbation the proposal has met with. J. F. W. Herschel.

Syn. -- To predict; forebode; betoken; portend; presage; prognosticate; prophesy; forewarn.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.