I don't know if I can create a node any more. It's been months since my last node. I mean, I looked around a little bit, and most things seem the same. But that's really not important.

Not a lot has happened since I actually spent some time here. A bunch of nodes cooled and a few nuked. I'm still unemployed, watching more than my share of Behind the Musics on my girlfriend's cable. I don't know why this really matters, or if anyone cares.

I have applied at dozens of places, from Perkins to Microsoft to Red Hat. Nothing. A half-dozen postcards telling me that, while my qualifications are impressive, I really don't have any place to be employed. Ever.

Time doesn't mean a lot when you're unemployed.

I'm trying not to whine.

I'm trying to keep my cool, e-mailing old buddies from college. I can't believe I graduated. You buy into that American Dream that says if you go to college, you get a good job. It doesn't work. How do you find a job? I don't know. I feel really powerless, I guess is the right word.

I guess.

Well, I broke down today. I actually got on aol and began browsing the internet personals (insert ooo-ing and aww-ing now). I know i know, how sad am i. I do have to admit that i have done it before, but never because i felt like i needed to. I did it before to meet girls because i felt that i desperatly needed a girlfriend. That was then. Now i just need to get out and meet some new people. Allbeit the personal ads that i responded to just happened to be girls between the ages of 18 and 21, and who were also within 35 miles of my home area code, but so what... girls are people too right!?! Either way, i've done it now, and there's no changing the past. Besides, you never know who youre going to meet out there. The way that i see it, everyone has a story to tell, and a uniqueness that only they posess. Friends are the kind of thing that you can never have to many of.

I have had a full and enjoyable Saturday.

I introduced myself to it, mildly drunk as 00:00 rolled in, sitting chatting with a couple of my best friends from my uni days. Come the morning we visited an exhibition of Vermeer followed by McDonald's for breakfast. As they live up in Birmingham we decided to see some of the touristy bits of London, so we wandered through Trafalgar Square and down Whitehall, where we observed The Changing of the Guard and peered through the gates at the end of Downing Street. Then headed on down through Parliament Square to the Thames and gaped at The London Eye. A stroll across Hungerford Bridge took us to the South Bank and we walked east towards London Bridge (tube station), stopping for a juice and art at the Tate Modern.

By the time we got home it was mid afternoon, so while she took and nap, me and him played Bomberman on our GBAs for a spell. For the evening we decided to watch a film, so we went to see Planet of the Apes - most enjoyable, but not as good as the original. Dinner in a noodle bar and a bus home. Spent the evening supping some beers and playing Trivial Pursuit.

:P

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.