広島

6th of August, 1945.

Hi everybody! I hope you are doing good and that the summer has been nice for you. It's been real hot here and I've been very busy. I had two soccer camps, a lot of softball games and last week I took sailing lessons. They were harder than I thought and I got hit in the head by the boom once but it was still fun!

Last night we were just laying around listening to music and the song called "Up on the Roof" came on. It gave me an idea for a poem. It's called "In Five Minutes" and I hope you like it. It's about some scary things that happened to me and my dad and some of our friends over the summer.

In Five Minutes

If my world would end
in the next five minutes
I would want to say
just how kind it's been to me

If my world would end
in the next five minutes
I would say what a precious thing life is
and that it should not be ended at will

If my world would end
in the next five minutes
I would talk about waking up to
opportunity every sweet, sweet morning

If my world would end
in the next five minutes
I would apologize
to the old man on the corner

If my world would end
in the next five minutes
I would run and prance and sing
and double over laughing

If my world would end
in the next five minutes
I would savor the warmth
of an old friends hug

If my world would end
in the next five minutes
I would take one of those
to thank it for everything it has given me.

Bye!

A note from borgo - this has been a really rough couple of months that Anna has had to deal with. She knows about the loss of two of our friends and everytime the news comes on she asks about another one. To top it off, she had to come to grips with what I've been going through. Hopefully that'll change next week when my exercise/cardio rehab kicks off in earnest. In her own way, she's a pretty tough kid with a sensitive side that I can only envy her for.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.