"Biblical" passage whose text reads: "I just whipped your ass," or alternately, "I just whooped your ass." Originated when WWF wrestler Stone Cold Steve Austin fought Jake "The Snake" Roberts, who had returned to the federation as a born-again Christian, and was fond of quoting the Bible. After beating Jake from pillar to post, Austin remarked "You sit there and you thump your Bible and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere. Talk about your Psalms, talk about John 3:16... Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass!"

King of the Ring '96, Austin's coronation speech after winning the KotR tournament:
 

Dok Hendrix: All right, ladies and gentlemen, the 4th prestigous King of the Ring, Stone Cold Steve Austin, an incredible victory...

Stone Cold Steve Austin: The first thing I want done is to get that piece of crap (Jake Roberts) out of my ring. Don't just get him out of the ring, get him out of the WWF, because I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, that you ain't got what it takes anymore.  You sit there and you thump your Bible, and you say your prayers, and didn't get you anywhere. Talk about your Psalms, talk about John 3:16...Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass!

Dok Hendrix: C'mon, that's not necessary...

Stone Cold Steve Austin: All he's gotta do is go buy him a cheap bottle of Thunderbird and try to get back some of that courage he had in his prime.  As King of the Ring, I'm serving notice to every one of the WWF superstars--I don't give a damn what they are, they're all on the list, that's Stone Cold's list, and I'm fixing to start running through all of them!  And as far as this championship match goes, son, I don't give a damn if it's Davey Boy Smith or Shawn Michaels...Steve Austin's time has come. And when I get the shot, you're looking at the next WWF ChampionAnd that's the bottom line, because Stone Cold said so!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.