The Babylon 5 Project

Season Three

Point of No Return

    The Babylon Project was our last, best hope for peace.
      It failed.
    But, in the Year of the Shadow War, it became something greater: our last, best hope... for victory.

    The year is 2260.
    The place: Babylon 5.

      - Commander Susan Ivanova

The Climate

    Babylon 5's mission has now failed. War has broken out on all fronts.
      The Narn-Centauri War
      The Earth Civil War is just in the beginnings
      The Minbari Civil War is also beginning it's incline
      And of course, the Shadow War is in full force which is the driver for all the above conflicts.
    In it's third full year of operation, Babylon 5 has now become a center of operations rather then a center for peace.

    The dangerous "new" power has now revealed themselves to be a highly powerful, seemingly indestructible ancient race, older then all the races (including the Vorlon Empire). This race, of course, is the Shadows.

    The Five Major Races are at the brink of chaos.

      The Narn Regime no longer exists, it's government wiped out by the Centauri Republic in the Narn-Centauri War. The Kah'Ri are dead, and Citizen G'Kar has sought refuge on Babylon 5. The Narn are once again slaves to their former masters from one hundred years before. All Narn territory now belongs to the Centauri Republic and only a few Narn rebels are fronting a meager resistance.

      The Centauri Republic are now expanding their power and sphere of influence with the help of their covert alliance with the Shadows. They have now set sights on their weaker neighbors in the League of Non-Aligned Worlds, looking to increase their quest for greatness.

      The Minbari Federation and the Earth Alliace are now feuding internally. The Minbari Warrior Caste is at odds with the Religious Caste, and the Worker Caste is caught in the middle. The Grey Councel is on the verge of collapse and the only stable organization in the Minbari are the Rangers under the command of Entil'Zha Jeffrey Sinclair.

      The Earth Alliance are in a similar plight under the Orwellian Leadership of President Morgan Clark. Earth is mistrusting of all alien influences on it's people, and Clark's Administration is making all attempts to discredit his enemies and make them disappear. In this atmosphere, members of Earth Force are now realizing that something is wrong and discord is taking place, even in the heart of the Clark's power the Psi Corps. Nightwatch has been created to keep order in all of the Earth Alliance, and a division exists on Babylon 5

      The Vorlon Empire has become even more withdrawn, even after Kosh Naranek has revealed himself. At the end of the Previous Season, we have now learned that the Vorlons are beings of light, all appearing as Angellic forms, different for each race they have influenced. Meaning that the Vorlons have been manipulating the younger races for their entire lifetime as species. However, as the Shadows escalate their attacks, the Vorlons appear to be ignoring the pleas, as if disinterested in the idea.

      The League of Non-Aligned Worlds has taken a few blows, between aggressive neighbors, and the skirmishes between the Narn and the Centauri. However they remain has taken a loyal to the Earth Alliance, regardless of the political action on Earth.

    The Shadows, still in full force, are now known to the crew of Babylon 5, and have been seen on the Station. It is also known that their agent Morden has tried to manipulate the ambassadors, Earth, and the Psi Corps. It is also known that Morden has an alliance with Londo Mollari and the Centauri Republic.

The Plot

    Babylon 5 has become an island. Earth has quieted most of the discord there and the NightWatch is in place to keep the peace, though they are not influential in the Command Structure, Security and the Civilian population is greatly affected. People are afraid, both human and alien.

    Marcus Cole has come to the Station, a Ranger trained on Minbar, Marcus has been sent as an elite agent to assist the Conspiracy of Light on Babylon 5, his arrival also brings a new weapon to John Sheridan's disposal, the White Star.

      A ship of it's own design, the White Star is a combination of Vorlon and Minbari technology, and capable of holding its own against a Shadow Mothership.
      (cf. "Matters of Honor")

    A group of monks have arrived at the Station, it will be learned that their presence is a direct result of a resistance to Clark's Administration.

      (cf. "Convictions"
      "And the Rock Cried Out, No Hiding Place")

    Lyta Alexander has returned to a regular position on Babylon 5 at the urging of Kosh Naranek.

      (cf. "Passing Through Gethsemane")

    In their struggle for survival against the Shadows, Ivanova and Marcus make contact with the First Ones at Sigma 957, and bequest them for assistance in the Shadow War, they tentatively agree, after learning that the Vorlons are still involved (revealing that there is some bad blood among the First Ones.

      (cf. "Voices of Authority")

    G'Kar has a religious experience (stimulated by "Dust" and inspired by Kosh), he learns of his place, and the place of the Narn in the Universe. They are to be sacrificed so that the remaining races may prosper. G'Kar accepts this and begins to convince his people likewise by writing The "Book of G'Kar"

      (cf. "Dust to Dust")

    Babylon 5 learns that the Shadows have visited the Sol System and that Shadow Motherships were found on Mars and Ganymede, this has been known by the Psi Cops and InterPlanetary Expeditions.

      (cf. "Messages from Earth")

    A Centauri Prophetess warns Londo Mollari of his future and the consequences of Londo's Dream. She gives him three possible escapes:

    1. He must save the eye that does not see.
    2. He must not kill the one who is already dead.
    3. And failing those, at the last, he must surrender himself to his greatest fear, knowing that it will destroy him.
    She also reveals that Londo and Vir Cotto will both become Emperor.
      (cf. "Point of No Return")

    Babylon 5 arrests the members of NightWatch and Zack Allan shows his loyalty to Babylon 5 for the first time.

      (cf. "Point of No Return")

    The Earth Civil War breaks out, and Babylon 5 secedes from the Earth Alliance along with other Earth Alliance colonies.
    General Hague is killed as Earth Force fights against Earth Force.

      (cf. "Severed Dreams]")

    As Sheridan forces Kosh to play the Vorlons hand, for the first time, in the Shadow War, Kosh is killed by Morden and the Shadows. A piece of Kosh lives on in Sheridan.

      (cf. "Interludes and Examinations")

    Ambassador Jeffrey Sinclair returns to take the White Star to intercept Babylon 4 and transport it back in time 1000 years to the previous Shadow War. In the process, Jeffrey Sinclair becomes the Minbari Holy Icon, Valen, he creates the Rangers and meets Kosh Naranek and Ulkesh Naranek for the first time, and gives them instrtuctions for the Humans and Minbari for the next 1000 years.

      (cf. "War Without End, Part One"
      "War Without End, Part Two")

    Ulkesh Naranek replaces Kosh Naranek as the ambassador for the Vorlon Empire, his philosophy is much more harsh and cold then his predecessor.

      (cf. "Walkabout")

    The Army of Light steps up their fight against the Shadows and engage in their first major fight with the Shadow Fleet. The casualties are heavy, but the Army of Light is victorious.

      (cf. "Shadow Dancing")

    Anna Sheridan returns from the dead, as an agent of the Shadows, she convinces John Sheridan, her husband, to go to Z'ha'Dum.

      (cf. "Shadow Dancing")

    The Shadows reveal that they, and the Vorlons are the caretakers of the younger races. The Shadows promote conflict and chaos into the Galaxy, while the Vorlons promote Order and unity as processes of Evolution.
    Sheridan dies on Z'Ha'Dum
    Michael Garibaldi is missing.

      (cf. "Z'ha'dum")

As G'Kar says in the closing lines of the season:

    "It was the end of the Earth year 2260, and the war had paused, suddenly and unexpectedly. All around us, it was as if the universe were holding its breath. Waiting... All of life can be broken down into moments of transition or moments of revelation. This had the feeling of both...

    G'Quon wrote, 'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.