This recipe is equally good as a starter or as a main course - it's all a question of adapting the quantities. Those provided here are for a starter. You'll need white fish fillets like cod or sole, which you will cut in half (or more) lengthwise to create strips about 2 inches wide. So:

To make the dish:
  • Preheat the oven to 180C.
  • Wash and clean your vegetables. Cut them into thin slivers about 2-3 inches in length.
  • Take each strip of fish and roll it, skin side out, around a few pieces of veg - make sure that all the varieties you're using are included in every roll.
  • Pour olive oil into a large roasting pan and make sure it coats the pan well. Place fish and vegetable rolls with the open end down onto the pan, secure with cocktail sticks if necessary.
  • You will probably have left over slivers of veg - scatter them evenly around the pan, over and between the fish.
  • Season well and drizzle another generous amount of alive oil over the lot.
  • Bake for approximately 25 minutes, then let stand for a couple more to let the fish settle. Dish out onto plates, taking care to include some of the loose cooked veg, and pour some of the juices in the pan onto the fish rolls. This recipe is good on its own or over some fresh linguini - the fish juices will provide the "sauce" for the pasta.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.