Balsamic Oven Fries

Due to the lack of a deep fryer in my kitchen I am always on the lookout for easy oven-fries recipes. Over the past few months this particular recipe for Balsamic Oven Fries has been at the top of my list because of the few ingredients involved and the low initial prep time(5-10 mins). If you leave out the vinegar and parsley then the fries freeze well too. Throw them in the microwave the next day with some grated parmesan for a quick snack.


Ingredients:
Potatoes (any kind, I generally buy a bag of 10-pound white potatoes from a local supermarket == MORE FRIES!!!)
Olive Oil
Garlic Salt or Adobo or Plain Salt + Pepper
Fresh Parsley
Balsamic Vinegar

Initial Prep:
Wash and scrub the potatoes making sure to cut out all eyes/bruises. Leave the skins on and cut the potatoes into thick wedges(approx. 3/4 inch). In the meanwhile preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.

Spread a baking sheet or two(alternatively, you can use aluminum foil) onto a tray and scrunch up the ends to form a rough bowl shape. Put the potatoes in, drizzle with some olive oil and seasoning making sure that all the potatoes are well coated. Doing this in the foil ensures that you do not have to separately oil the sheet. Now unwrap the foil and spread the potatoes out making sure that none of them are touching.

Put the tray in the oven and set the timer for 30 minutes.

Go hum a tune or something.

30 minutes later:
The undersides of the potatoes should be crisp and brown by now, flip to ensure that they are crunchy on both sides. Pop them back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes. Take them out and cool slightly before throwing the lot into a bowl. Add some balsamic vinegar and finely chopped parsley to the mix and shake well.


Serve.

Note: The fries in the picture above were made with Adobo and white potatoes. I didn't have any parsley lying around but did have some chilled lager.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.