A weight loss and diet pill that is very common in south east asia (SEA). Acts as an appetite suppressant and stimulant, very much like methamphetamine mainly because it is methamphetamine. It usually comes in combination packaging of 60 pills. The idea is you take the first type in the morning and then you take the second kind in the evening. They are not interchangeable. The first one contains methamphetamine and gets you speeded up all day without getting hungry, perfect for work, then the second pill has some sort of benzodiazepine like diazepam (common brand Valium) which you take in the evening to chemically induce sleep.

Unbeknownst to most users, these pills are actually illegal and carries the same penalty as the possession of methamphetamine. Use of these pills will not only wreak havoc on your metabolic system, sleep cycle, and your body in general, but will also result in a drug test returning positive for methamphetamine. This is more often than not a case for expulsion from employment.

Like most other products named after a place, these "Bangkok Pills" probably did not originate from Thailand though it could very well be available there by now. Prime suspects of its origin are wily chinese drug lords who thought to expand the market for their wares to the female population. Women in SEA seem to have a greater apprehension in using illegal drugs than their male counterparts. Exploiting women's desire to meet "normal" weight standards, this has been another marketing success for those damn dirty gooks.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.