Mr. T's 1984 opus of public service/youth inspiration/utter ridiculousness. Aired on NBC and released on video by Universal (but unfortunately long on moratorium), this special is one of those things certain to make any person's brain explode. If the offkey singing and rapping by Mr. T (rhymes composed by the one and only Ice T!@!$), the breakdancing, the cello playing attempts, or the ridiculous outfits worn during the performance of Treat Your Mother Right doesn't do it, you're just inhuman. There's no other word for it.

Check out the tribute page for a good time at http://www.geocities.com/~mtbsobsf/.

To quote Mr. T on the purpose of the special:

"Hey you. You with the teeth! Come'ere. Come over here! That's better. Now I can see ya. You know me? Of course you do. That's because I'm famous. But even before I was famous, I was still somebody. And I got respects! You see, you don't have to be famous to get respects. You just have to be somebody. And that means being confident in who you are, and willing to take chances, and risk falling on your face. Because that's the only way you're gonna learn. And that's what I'm here for! To help you Be Somebody. Because if you're not somebody, you're gonna be somebody's fool!"

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.