I remember a few days ago how my 18 year old friend Lauren had showed me a photo of her and the man she’s in love with. She laughed pointed to him and said, “Isn’t he gorgeous?” Of course I smiled and nodded, mostly because she was happy and I wanted her to stay that way.

“How old is he?” I asked her, taking the picture to get a better look at it.

“35,” she answered and snatched the photo back to gaze at.

I blinked and looked at her. “Isn’t he married?”

“Yes, of course he is. But he doesn’t love her, he loves me.”

“Where was the picture taken?”

“I’m not sure…I was too drunk to remember. But I do know that it was in New York City somewhere because the address is on the back of the frame the picture came in,” and she showed me and told me that they planned to go get drunk and party after her graduation.

Then I got to really thinking about things. Does he really love her? Or does he want the taste of young again? Or maybe they really are in love. And why would you get so drunk that you don’t remember where you are? I guess it all comes down to one thing.

The moment, the joy, the wonderful feeling…they all will live forever in that photograph.

Sometimes I wonder why we’re all here…and then I remember how happy certain moments in your life are, and that is why we’re here, to me, anyway. Maybe you all have different reasons, and maybe they’re all right. But whatever your reason is, remember the moments, and remember not to give up all the rest of your moments in your future just for the sake of one moment in the now. Be you. Be a great you. Be a great you for the rest of your life and don't cause the rest of your life to be short because of stupid stuff.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.