Character in the Quentin Tarantino film Jackie Brown. Notable only for being the subject of one of the coolest dialogues in movie history between Samuel L. Jackson's character Ordell and Louis, played by Robert De Niro.

Ordell posts bond for Beaumont, his recently arrested "employee". There's nothing altruistic in this, as we see as he follows up with a visit to Beaumont in which he deceives him into climbing into the trunk of an Oldsmobile sedan. Ordell drives to a waste lot behind a gas depot and promptly shoots Beaumont. He then drives to a whore's house, collects Louis, opens the trunk and shows him the body.

Louis: Who's that?
Ordell: That's Beaumont.
Louis: Who's Beaumont?
Ordell: An employee I had to let go.
Louis: What'd he do?
Ordell: He put himself in the position where he was going to have to do ten years in prison, that's what he did. If you know Beaumont, you know there ain't no goddamn way he's gonna do ten years. And if you know that, you know that Beaumont is gonna do anything Beaumont can to keep from doing them ten years, including telling the federal government any and every mo'fucking thing about my black ass. Now that, my friend, is a clear cut case of him or me. And you best believe...it ain't gonna be me.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.