Beauxbatons Academy of Magic is a fictional learning institute from J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series.

First appearing in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (book 4 of the series), Beauxbaton is located somewhere in France. The exact location is never revealed, which Dumbledore considers silly. 

Due to the Triwizard Tournament being held at Hogwarts, two outside schools are invited to participate. Those two schools are Beauxbatons and Durmstrang.

The headmistress of Beauxbatons is a half-giant woman with olive skin named Madam Olympe Maxime. Their symbol is a shield with two crossed wands with stars, and they travel in a huge horse-drawn carriage pulled by winged horses. The school is co-ed, although in the movies only the girls are shown. The school is over 700 years old, since they first began to participate in the Triwizard Tournament around that time.

The school is portrayed as having a snooty atmosphere, and Fleur Delacour drones on about how much better their school is, particularly with the Christmas decorations later in the book and the food at the opening banquet.

Apparently, half-breeds are not looked down upon at Beauxbatons, since Madam Maxime is half-giant at least, and Fleur is part Veela, another creature from the novel.

 

The Harry Potter Project

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.