Quick and easy bread made with beer. Great for post hangover munchies. A typical recipe is as follows:

Ingredients:
Instructions:
  1. Mix ingredients all together
  2. Put dough into a large greased tin
  3. Cook for an hour at 180 degrees celsius for an hour
  4. EAT!
There is a certain zen to the idea of taking beer, commonly known as "liquid bread", and using it to make, well, bread. I like it based on aesthetics alone.

After I discovered the taste, I was hooked.

Beer bread is so simple, yet so wonderfully yummy and versatile. It is so good that only eating it during the distraction of a hangover just seems wrong to me.

The most basic recipe for bachelor-style beer bread is based on threes, like so:

Heat the oven to 350°F. Open a beer. Drink it. Mix the flour, sugar, and the second can of beer. Pour into a baking tin. Put in oven. Throw away the first beer can, you should be done with it by now. Open the third beer, then just relax and enjoy it while the bread cooks. Remove the bread from oven and eat when done.

Of course, there are many ways to spice up this recipe. For an example:

Italian Herbed Beer Bread

Ingredients

Mix everything together except the spices, pour into a greased tin, sprinkle the spices over the top, and bake at 350°F until done. This little piece of work goes very well with olive oil for dipping.

I personally like to add an egg or two to the recipe, just to make it stick to the ribs a bit more. Or you can try pouring some melted butter over the top of the bread about halfway through the baking process. Yum!

If anyone else has some different ways to make this fantastic creation, by all means let me know. I'll add your recipe to this node, and thank you kindly for giving me another way to load up on carbs!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.