An album by the Dave Matthews Band. An excellent one, at that. Features such tracks as: Don't Drink the Water, Crush, The Dreaming Tree, Stay (Wasting Time), etc. I love the title, simply because I think it represents so much more than is obvious (see: Dont Drink the Water). It brings to mind what the world was like before all of this, all of modern technology and everything else thats gone wrong, as well as that which has improved. Regardless of whether or not you are partial to DMB, a lot of his lyrical content is potent and highly impressive, and a very worth-while read.

An intersting thing about this album is the parallels it has to Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

Example #1:
The near constant music is a wonderful trait of both albums. In BTCS there are musical interludes between most of the tracks. These are usually just instrumental fillers. These are very dependant on the guests on the album, mainly Bela Fleck a banjo player.
Example #2:
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band was The Beatles album that raised a lot of controversy among fans. Many of the loyal fans were confused with The Beatles sudden change of pace. The same thing happened with BTCS. Many DMB fans were suprised at the darker tone the band took with BTCS. It led to a few fans disliking the Dave Matthews Band, as I imagine happend with The Beatles.
Example #3:
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band is one of The Beatles most popular album. Same with the Dave Matthews Band.

So these example may be a tad bit ridiculous. Though, if you take the fact that Dave Matthews' songs are influenced by The Beatles and that Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band is one of his favorite albums, the similarities are a bit more interesting.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.